It is located just west of the Plaza del Centenario along Calle Francisco Sosa.  This area was designated as a "Barrio Mágico" by the city in 2011. In this portrait, Stalin stands before a wheelchair. Rivera's works on display are murals on the walls and ceilings, studies of major murals done in other locations such as El Hombre en el Cruce de los Caminos, which reflects the original El Hombre, Controlador del Universo, which is in the Palacio de Bellas Artes. Opposition to the removal of the vendors came not only from the vendors themselves, but also from some neighborhood groups and local businesses who feared their removal would hurt tourism.  Other theaters includeTeatro Rafael Solana on Miguel Angel de Quevedo in Barrio del Cuadrante de San Francisco, Foro de la Conchita Forum on Vallara in the center, the Teatro Santa Catarina in Barrio Santa Catarina, the Teatro Coyoacán /Foro Rodolfo Usigli on Heroes Street in Barrio de San Mateo Churubusco, Teatro La Capilla on Madrid in Colonia del Carmen, Centro Nacional de las Artes in Calzada de Tlalpan in Colonia Country Club.. Since its inauguration, on October 5, 2012, this space was conceived as a project of community life around books and a permanent offer of cultural activities that make available to visitors various expressions of the culture of Mexico and the world. It was built in 1890 and named in honour of Carmen Romero, the wife of then president Porfirio Díaz, and it is best known for having several of the borough's museums and other landmarks. On the east side is an unfinished work related to the culture of Mexico. The building today conserves some of the original built in the 1520s when it was originally built as an open chapel, and ornamental work done in the mid 17th century, when the nave with cannon vault was added.  It had been a Tepaneca dominion for 300 years until the Aztecs took over in the 15th century.  According to INAH, the plaza was a pre-Hispanic ceremonial center, upon which Cortés had this chapel built. In the historic center, there are over 860 retail businesses, mostly restaurants, about 200 of which were established in the last five years. The second Gandhi store, called Gandhi 2000, was built to be a cultural center as well as a bookstore with literature related events, children's activities, concerts and more. 77.8% are employed in commerce and services, with 7% in industry; 44.8% of industrial jobs is related to pharmaceuticals with food processing accounting for 18.7%. Ten years later, the area became part of the Federal District of Mexico City when it was expanded by the 1857 Constitution. The six public garages are always full. Volcanic land is subdivided by volcanic rock which is decomposing and that which has not. The work was sponsored by government and private funds. This ranks the quality of life as equivalent to that in developed countries.  This area is filled with narrow cobblestone streets and small plazas, which were laid out during the colonial period, and today give the area a distinct and bohemian identity. In addition to more common elements, the celebration also includes the lighting of the candle of three large wooden crosses, performed by groups performing indigenous dances such as Concheros. Jahrhundert an der Stelle eines ehemals mächtigen Tempels der Azteken errichtet. It is neo-Colonial in design when it was built for her, but it has since been remodeled and has a more modern appearance. The first Catholic mass in Mexico City was celebrated here and according to tradition, Hernán Cortés’ lover and translator, La Malinche, prayed here. However, much of the same layout remains. The returned home joyous to have been chosen by the image. Later a bar called El Habito, today called El Vicio was added. A few days later a “tlachiquero” (one who takes nectar out of maguey plants) heard a child's cry in the area and found the image. However, Coyoacán generates only 7.2% of all crime reports in Mexico City. , The name comes from the Nahuatl original “Coyohuacán”. , The Plaza del Centenario (also called the Jardín del Centenario) is slightly smaller and located just west of the Plaza Hidalgo, separated by Calle Carrillo Puerto. This event is organized by a “mayordomo” who is chosen each year and last for ten days.  The Casa de Cultura Ricardo Flores Magón was opened in 1986 with the name of Casa del Pueblo. The house contains a selection of Kahlo's personal art collection and a large collection of pre-Hispanic artifacts, Mexican folk art (mostly indigenous inspired jewelry and clothes which she wore) and works by José María Velasco, Paul Klee and Diego Rivera. Presenta diversos indicadores sociodemográficos y económicos por área geográfica (nacional, entidad federativa y municipio) además de los tabulados, publicaciones y servicios disponibles. Información institucional, atención a los ciudadanos, servicios, cartografía y publicaciones. They have a capacity of 430 and 120 spectators respectively. , The borough of Coyoacán was created in 1928, when the Federal District of Mexico City was divided into 16 administrative parts. About 55% of the population is of working age with less than 2% unemployed.  Behind it is a sculpture carved from a tree trunk called “La Familia de Antonio Alvarez Portual y Josué. In spite of the fact that there are six parking garages in the historic center, drivers in the area still jockey for spaces on the street. Mimes, clowns, musicians, folk and indigenous dancers, storytellers and other street performers can be found entertaining crowds. It is said that she performed a number of miracles in this house. When renovation efforts began, 150 vendors were removed from the plazas proper with about 500 total including the surrounding streets. , The Escuela Superior de Música (Higher School of Music) on Fernández Leal Street in Colonia Del Carmen is an imitation of the house occupied by Shakespeare's Othello. The rural economy gave way as fields and orchards were built over, as well as the remaining lake and conifer forests.  The south side of the plaza is lined with cafes and restaurants, including the well-known Café El Parnaso, and the north side features a very large crafts market. It is also known as “La Econdida” (The Hidden One), where Mexican actress Dolores del Río lived. The front has sandstone Ionic columns. The brothers cultivated a number of crops including fruit trees and flowers.  Many of the old villages are linked by the old Calle Real, which was renamed Santa Catarina, then Benito Juarez and now Francisco Sosa. , The rest of the historic center and nearby neighborhoods are filled with homes built from the colonia era to the middle of the 20th century, many of which have been catalogued for their historic value.  At first, Trotsky and his wife lived in the La Casa Azul with Frida, but after a falling out with Diego Rivera, the couple moved to this house on Viena Street in 1938.  Many of the old villages were linked by a trolley on Santa Catarina Road, now Francisco Sosa. The façade of the La Conchita Church is decorated with a large flower portal, usually donated by a sister community of Coyoacán such as Los Reyes or La Candelaria.  In the past, this park was also home to the first Escuela Nacional de Tauromaquia (National School of Bullfighting). This chapel belonged to the Carmelites and is located alongside an old stone bridge over the Río Magdalena.  By the mid 20th century, the urban sprawl of Mexico City began to envelop the borough, much as it was doing to other former villages and municipalities in the Federal District such as Tacuba, Tacubaya, Mixcoac and others. The El Niño Jesús and San Francisco barrios are filled with very winding alleyways over black volcanic rock, called pedregal, from an ancient eruption of Xitle. Initially, opposition to the removal of the vendors came not only from the vendors themselves, but also from some neighborhood groups and local businesses who feared their removal would hurt tourism.  Another serious problem for the area is the traffic jams and serious lack of parking in the historic center. A number of these villages also have certain unique traditions associated with these celebrations. , One important monastery was the Churubusco monastery, at which the Battle of Churubusco took place on August 20, 1847, during the Mexican–American War. An image of the Nativity and the Three Wise Men is carried through the town on a truck from which bags of candies are tossed to children. Neighborhood groups have formed to confront the changes and preserve the historic value of the area. This has made the borough of Coyoacán, especially its historic center, a popular place to visit on weekends. Other forms of entertainment included picking fruit from trees or horse racing on Xicotencatl Street. Originally, this was part of a Presbyterian church complex, but this church has since moved to another location on Cuauhtemoc street. Símbolo de la alcaldía de Coyoacán.jpg 3,984 × 2,988; 6.23 MB. It was founded by Cuernavaca-born watercolor artist Alfredo Guati in 1967. The “franeleros” charge to “take care of vehicle” but also threaten to damage those who refuse to pay.  In the 17th century, the Spanish built the monastery of Churubusco over a ceremonial site dedicated to the god Huitzilopochtli. Viveros de Coyoacan (2546307611).jpg 2,304 × 3,072; 3.36 MB. There is an unfinished portrait of Joseph Stalin, who became a hero to Kahlo after Rivera had a falling out with Russian Communism theorist Leon Trotsky. , The structure is much the same as it was when it was constructed in the 18th century. The ranking is based on income levels, health and education. The first three days are dedicated to 40 hours of prayer.  There are also several restored colonial era houses around it. The house underwent modification in the 1930s. Cultural and recreational activities include a marathon, fireworks, including those on large frames called “toritos” (little bulls) and “castillos” (castles), indigenous and folk dancing including Concheros, Santiagueros and Chinelos, and music played by wind bands especially from neighboring Tepepan and San Lucas Xochimanca. Legend says it was originally a country home for Miguel Angel de Quevedo. Property prices are high, leading to sales not to new families but rather to larger commercial interests, squeezing out smaller businesses along with residents. , The Juan Ruiz de Alarcón Theater and Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz Forum were both inaugurated in 1979 as space for cultural events under the same roof. Diesen zufolge muss der Ort bereits um 1330 existiert haben und schon damals überaus zahlreich bevölkert gewesen sein. , Other traditional neighborhoods include San Lucas, San Mateo, El Niño Jesús, San Francisco and San Antonio. Octavio Paz died here in 1998. During the ceremony to return the image to its home church, the people of La Candelaria bring the image and the people of Los Reyes receive it with much fanfare. Cuauhtémoc | In the pre-Hispanic period, this area was a small island, which was called Teopanzolco, at the juncture of Lake Texcoco and Lake Xochimilco.  As of 2010, most vendors remain off the two plazas proper. This building is one of the few built specifically to be a cultural center to serve the eastern side of the borough, which is densely populated due to apartment complexes such as the CTM Infonavit Culhuacan and the Alianza Popular Revolucionaria. , The tourism has been a mixed blessing for the historic center as commercial establishments open, helping the economy, but also push residents out. In the colonial period, the house belonged to Juan de Luis Celis who had a small paper factory. Virgin Mary fenced altar.jpg 960 × 1,280; 243 KB. Traffic in Coyoacán is some of the worst in the city. The bookstores are here because the area is close to the Ciudad Universitaria and the student population that lives in the area. This allowed the area to maintain many of its plazas and narrow cobblestone streets to this day. In the pre-Hispanic period, Coyoacán was originally an independent dominion or altepetl. Die Kapelle des Heiligen Antonius von Panzacola stammt aus dem 18. , The Ciudad Universitaria (University City) is UNAM's main campus. It is also said that it was the transfer point and a customs checkpoint for goods heading from Coyoacán and San Angel to Mexico City. , The Universum Museo de Ciencias is an interactive museum with 315 exhibits related to the natural and physical sciences. It has high outer walls and watchtowers once occupied by armed guards. , In 2005, the San Juan Bautista church underwent renovations to its tower, atrium, facade, portal for pilgrims, the north and south sides and the cupola and more under the supervision of INAH and academics from UNAM.  People come to enjoy the still somewhat rural atmosphere of the area as well as the large number of restaurants, cafes, cantinas, museums, bookstores and other cultural attractions. The sides are framed by sandstone, with the main entrance on Cuauhtemoc. Coyoacán | It contains the Blas Galindo Auditorium, the Teatro de las Artes, two other theaters, the national music conservatory as well as schools of theater, dance, cinema, painting, sculpture and engraving. While the practice was illegal, it had been tolerated by authorities, even though it caused damage to the plazas and caused traffic problems.  For over twenty five years, these plazas, especially Plaza Hidalgo, and the streets around them were filled with vendors (wandering and with stalls). , The Casa de Cristo (House of Christ) is located on Heroes Street in Churubusco. Rivera and Kahlo's presence gave the area a bohemian reputation.  Famous rulers were Maxtla and his son Tecollotzin. The museum is located just off the Plaza del Centenario, and features mostly temporary exhibits related to popular or mass culture such as one related to lucha libre wrestling.  Many of these homes can be found one two of the historic center's oldest streets, the Calle de Higuera, which leads southeast away from the Parish of San Juan Miguel and to the La Concepción neighborhood and Calle Francisco Sosa, which leads away from the same area towards San Angel. November 2020 um 19:36 Uhr bearbeitet. , La Casa de los Padres Camilos (The House of the Camillo Priests) is on Calle Fernandez Leal in the Barrio de la Concepción. Gustavo A. Madero | During the sixteenth century and into the seventeenth, there was an active Spanish land market in Coyoacán, with many bills of sale in Nahuatl found in the archives. Scenes of the work cover the walls and the ceiling. The house was constructed over twenty years by architect Manuel Parra for Mexican filmmaker Emilio “Indio” Fernández, who died in the house in 1986.  This chapel was built for use by the indigenous population in the very early colonial period. This work moved to areas in and around the Plaza Hidalgo and Plaza del Centenario in 2008, with the main goals being the redesign of the plazas, the renovation of the Parish of San Juan Bautista and the removal of street stalls in and around the plazas. It has served as an administrative/governmental building since it was constructed in the 18th century. , However, quality of life in this borough his ranked among the top in the nation and has been ranked internationally. , The Juárez Institute is located on the corner of Cuauhtemoc and Abasolo Streets. In 1928, the borough was created when the Federal District was divided into sixteen boroughs. There were also about 25 pulque bars or pulquerías. The reason for this is that La Malinche is often blamed for the downfall of the Aztec Empire, acting as a traitor to her own people. It celebrates the arrival of the image according to the legend. The house and garden were original with the defenses added later after an attack led by David Alfaro Siqueiros, who shot up the house. To distinguish it from the rest of Coyoacán borough, the former independent community is referred to as Villa Coyoacán or the historic center of the borough. Trotsky was forced into exile in 1929 by Josef Stalin and in 1937, due to efforts by Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, he was granted asylum in Mexico.  Other museums in the borough include the Museo de Arte Escultórico Geles Cabrera on Xicotencatl Street in Colonia del Carmen, the Museo del Automóvil on Avenida Division del Norte in Pueblo de San Pablo Tepetlapa, the Museo del Retrato Hablado on Avenida Universidad in Colonia del Carmen, Museo Cultural de las Artes Graficas on Calzada de Tlapan in Barrio de San Diego Churubusco and the Museo Alejandro Galindo on Avenida Santa Úrsula in Colonia Santa Úrsula.  On one side of the building is the Sala de Cabildos, or City Council Hall. It still functions as a private residence. It was a major center of trade on the southern shore of Lake Texcoco. The exhibits are mostly pottery and stone figures and other pieces chosen for their artistic value.  It is thought that Los Camilos once provided potable water to Tenochitlan. , The Sala Nezahualcóyotl is a concert hall and the main site for the UNAM philharmonic orchestra. Unter der Avenida Universidad, die die westliche Grenze von Coyoacán bildet, verkehrt die Metro-Linie 3. Azcapotzalco | Two rivers pass through the territory called the Río Magdalena and Río Mixcoac. These are hollow and placed on the shoulders of parade participants. The west side is meant to represent Mexico today with the coat of arms of the university in the center with José Vasconcelos’ motto of “Por mi raza hablará mi espíritu” (For my race, speaks my spirit.).  In 1923, the Escuela de Pintura al Aire Libre (Open Air School of Painting) was established at the former San Pedro Martír Hacienda, establishing the area as an artists’ enclave. Vestiges of a number of these communities can still be distinguished by street layouts and by customs and traditions which have survived. Today it belongs to Fernandez's daughter, Adela. Coyoacán (Ort der Kojoten in Nahuatl) ist ein südlicher Stadtbezirk (delegación) von Mexiko-Stadt, der bis zur Bildung der Stadtbezirke (delegaciones) 1929 eine eigenständige Gemeinde war. This lava bed covers the current communities of Colonia Santo Domingo, Colonia Ajusco and Pueblo de Santa Úrsula. Both of these are almost fully encased in cement tubes as they pass through. Inside, there is a small house and garden. , Most of the borough located at 2240 meters above sea level with little variation. , According to legend, the San Antonio Panzacola Chapel was built by the mother of a group of smugglers to fulfill a promise or to offer gratitude. , One of the most important historic buildings in the borough is the Parish of San Juan Bautista. , The current structure was built in the mid 18th century, by Cortés’ descendants, who still carried the title of the Marquis of the Valle de Oaxaca to replace the old structure, which had deteriorated. It was declared a National Monument in 1934. Tlalpan | , Colonia del Carmen was not a village in the past. Auch in der Frühgeschichte der spanischen Kolonialisierung unter Cortés spielte Coyoacán eine wichtige Rolle. Currently, most of the borough, especially in historic center, is residential with older adults. The building contains a stage theater, a multipurpose room, an open-air theater and a library.  Parks and other green spaces cover 4,318,783.56m2 and can be found in most of the communities of the borough. These are usually eaten as a snack with jam, cream and other toppings.  When renovation work finished in 2009, police were assigned to the plazas to keep vendors from returning, leading to confrontations, both physically in the plazas and legally in the courts. , Most of the area's oldest buildings are located on this plaza, Calle Fernando Sosa, which leads to Villa Coyoacán and Calle Fernandez Leal. It is bordered by Calle Carillo Puerto on the east, Calle Caballocalco on the west, Calle B. Dominguez and the Casa Municipal on the north and the Plaza del Centenario and the Parish is San Juan Bautista on the south. Estadio Azteca, located in the Santa Ursula area, is the home of the Club América and Mexican national soccer teams. Rebecca Horn found over 100 such bills of sale naming Nahua men and women selling to Spaniards. Jahrhundert und hat zahlreiche Künstler inspiriert.  Much of Los Reyes’ traditions revolve around a crucifix imaged called the Señor de las Misericordias. , However, in 1940, a Spanish Stalin supporter by the name of Ramón Mercader managed to gain entry to the house and to kill Trotsky with a mountaineer's ice axe.  Accounting for 3.6% of the Federal District, it is the tenth largest borough. The north side reflects the pre-Hispanic period; the south reflects the colonial period and the east is from the modern period. Later a tower and a linterna were added, but these fell in the 1985 earthquake. Un coyotito en Coyoacan - panoramio.jpg 818 × 613; 234 KB. , The Casa Alvarado is now the home of the Fonoteca National or National Sound Library. The bookstores have attracted other cultural businesses such as theaters cafes and restaurants. The house is colonial in style with a facade constructed from volcanic rock. Consisting now of 29 blocks, it is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Mexico City, located 10 km south of the Zocalo (main square) of Mexico City. Today, the stadium is the home of the Pumas professional soccer team. 19.349444444444-99.161666666667Koordinaten: 19° 20′ 58″ N, 99° 9′ 42″ W, Coyoacán (Ort der Kojoten in Nahuatl) ist ein südlicher Stadtbezirk (delegación) von Mexiko-Stadt, der bis zur Bildung der Stadtbezirke (delegaciones) 1929 eine eigenständige Gemeinde war.. 1 Col. Villa Coyoacán, C.P. It was long thought to have belonged to conquistador Diego de Ordaz, who died in 1532, but research has shown that it was built sometime in the 18th century. Xochimilco, Liga de Escritores y Artistas Revolucionarios, Die Errichtung der 16 Stadtbezirke von Mexiko-Stadt, Vorlage:Webachiv/IABot/www.mexico-tenoch.com, Offizielle Website der Delegación Coyoacán, Vorlage:Webachiv/IABot/www.coyoacan.df.gob.mx, Vorlage:Webachiv/IABot/www.experiensense.com, Vorstellung eines Buches über Coyoacán (spanisch), Vorlage:Webachiv/IABot/www.libreenelsur.mx, https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Coyoacán&oldid=205170741, Wikipedia:Defekte Weblinks/Ungeprüfte Archivlinks 2019-03, Wikipedia:Defekte Weblinks/Ungeprüfte Archivlinks 2018-04, „Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike“. The most important mass occurs at midday with mariachi music, with a meal offered in the adjoining monastery building.  As a museum, some other buildings were added along the walls which contain photos from Trotsky's lifetime, biographical notes in Spanish and memorabilia such as Trotsky trademark small round glasses. , The Centro Cultural Universitario was built between 1976 and 1980 by engineers and architects of the school headed by Arcadio Artis Espiritu and Orso Nuñez Ruiz Velasco. The parish church has a large open chapel, but only a portion of the atrium it had in the 16th century.